Monday, April 6, 2009

To love you is an understatement.

Hey baby..

You know how Mama has her eyes closed & you kiss my eyelids & when I say, "Ow!" you laugh?

Well Mama thinks of you. Mama hopes for you. Mama gives you strength. Mama prays.

Little do you know that I pray for you often. I pray you're eating healthy & are fearless whether I'm around or not. You mean so much to me. I love when you grab me & won't let go. I love that when I'm sleepy, you're aware I DO want to spend time with you, but due to exhaustion I can barely keep up with your energy. I love that you then decide you're going to take care of me. You lay or sit next to me & pat your chest/lap & say, "Mama, c'mere. Lay down. Tired Mama."

I'm crying.

Sigh.

Half the time I don't even understand what you're saying because well, you don't speak clearly. Sometimes I just understand that last word & it helps me figure out the rest. I don't baby you. I don't goo goo ga ga & according to my mom, I'm cold. I'm never affectionate. But you know me, don't you. You know I loooovvveeee our kisses. I love the time u take to place your cute set on my cheek & forehead. One of the best kisses is when you're feeling goofy/silly..

I just know that everyone else can judge me & the time I spend away from you but you & I will always have our moments where nothing can interrupt our love & no one else matters. I hope you never forget those moments, Love. God, I pray..

Baby, I hope your dad doesn't give you a lot of candy. I know how much you love it-that, you got from your daddy because Mama doesn't have a sweet tooth. I just know that last night I knew that you would be hungry & he told me that you wanted candy the rest of the night. I became very concerned but just let God hold me & my worries.

You will be fine. No matter what.

Now, if only I had enough faith to believe that.

I'm working on it.

No comments: